Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Be Happy and Content

As I prepare to go to see family in Virginia, I am reminded of how quickly Life moves along. The days move into weeks into months into years. Before you realize it , ten years have passed; children have grown, loved ones have passed from this world, people have come and gone from our lives.

Over the last several years I have been trying to steer my thoughts (they so "naturally" go negative) and my outlook on life and relationships. Sometimes I have to try REALLY hard to be positive, but I always want to end up there (in Positive Land) no matter how long it takes to get there. I am slowly taking control of my own life and responsibility for my own choices and decisions, when for so many years I gave that away.

a fairly recent collage (yep that's me)

page from one of my journals

I want my loved ones to remember that I was happy and content. That would be my legacy. (and my art of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment